Sparc - Leon - New driver creation

Yannick SARTHOU yannick.sarthou at erems.fr
Fri Sep 8 09:28:07 UTC 2017

Hello,

Thank you in advance for your advices concerning my problem :

*
*

*Background :* In my application, my GR712 (Leon3 processor) is
communicating with a FPGA via PROM memory area. In this FPGA, there are
registers to control two MRAM or other devices.

*What I want to achieve :* I want to create a new driver that allows the
user to open a device "/dev/mram" and use ioctl calls to allow the user
to control these registers in a safe way.

*My question/problem : *Driver Manager, when loading devices list, is
somehow loading this list from a ROM zone or something in the processor
and initializes the driver information only if it can link a hardware
device to a driver. So, can I create a new driver that is not linked
with a hardware device and that is just handling a register in the
memory ? If yes, how ?

If you have any hint, tips or anything lead concerning what I want to
do, I'll take it.

Again, thank you !

Best regards,

Yannick Sarthou.