gdb 8.0.1 released

Chris Johns chrisj at rtems.org
Sat Sep 9 01:36:12 UTC 2017

On 8/9/17 11:41 pm, Sebastian Huber wrote:

> Seems I have to update to 11.1.

I can confirm the SPARC arch built on 11.1. We feel we need to support 11.0 and
it looks like 10.1 needs to be supported ...

chrisj at sync# uname -a
FreeBSD sync.rtems.org 10.1-STABLE FreeBSD 10.1-STABLE #0 669637a(stable/10):
Fri Jan  9 13:06:24 UTC 2015
amar at build1.rtems.org:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/build1  amd64

I do not think machine will be changing in a hurry.

I think we need to make an effort for a release to support these older versions
of FreeBSD. I know of sites with these versions installed. If I remember the
issue is in glib and the solution is to force the test result.