RTEMS and Google Code-In

Joel Sherrill joel at rtems.org
Fri Sep 22 19:13:12 UTC 2017

On Fri, Sep 22, 2017 at 11:47 AM, Denis Obrezkov <denisobrezkov at gmail.com>
wrote:

> There is also the Outreachy project, does RTEMS participate in it?

There are categories of tasks and Outreach is one of them. In the past,
we have had students make new logos, gather information on RTEMS
science missions for flyers, make a video of building RTEMS explaining
that to others, etc. It is a broad category and each task is often
repeatable
by multiple students.

Unlike GSoC, there are "repeatable" tasks. A lot of students can do
a task but each only once. The GSoC hello is always one of these.

For tasks like these, any RTEMS user should be able to review the
work.

Also mentors are a "pool" and respond to students as they need
us. Basically, they ask a question, submit work for review, etc. Whichever
mentor gets to it first, handles it.

A special case is when work must be merged. Someone either needs
to merge it or accept responsibility for submitting it and tracking it
through merger. It is better not to close those tasks before merged.

--joel