Warnings in BSPs on Master

Sebastian Huber sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de
Fri Sep 29 05:22:52 UTC 2017

On 28/09/17 21:01, Joel Sherrill wrote:

> On Wed, Sep 27, 2017 at 11:59 PM, Sebastian Huber
> <sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de
> <mailto:sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de>> wrote:
>
>     On 28/09/17 01:02, Joel Sherrill wrote:
>
>         The warning situation hasn't improved recently.
>

>     We have now a 64-bit PowerPC BSP. This introduced new warnings.
>     Some warnings are compiler bugs.
>

> If you can point me at any specific ones that are compiler bugs, I will
> filter them out of the report. I remember at least one that is already
> filtered out.

Compiler bugs are probably:

cpukit/libblock/src/bdbuf.c:512:15: warning: 'q' may be used
uninitialized in this function [-Wmaybe-uninitialized]
cpukit/libfs/src/dosfs/msdos_conv.c:458:48: warning: 'c' may be used
uninitialized in this function [-Wmaybe-uninitialized]
cpukit/libfs/src/dosfs/msdos_misc.c:1912:16: warning:
'name_len_for_save' may be used uninitialized in this function
[-Wmaybe-uninitialized]

> Those caused by the 64-bit PowerPC will just have to be worked on. But
> false positives need to be added to the ignore list in the script

https://devel.rtems.org/ticket/3155
https://devel.rtems.org/ticket/3156

Both tickets are not relevant for the 4.12 release.

E-Mail  : sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de