LLVM/clang status?

Joel Sherrill joel at rtems.org
Sat Sep 16 18:41:02 UTC 2017

On Fri, Sep 15, 2017 at 4:53 PM, Gedare Bloom <gedare at rtems.org> wrote:

> Ah, thanks for the update Daniel!
>
> I recently saw someone on newlib mailing list say that the newlib can
> be compiled by clang for the ARM processor now.

llvm/clang's disadvantage vs gcc is its support for as many architectures
and older CPU variants. Given it a try for the arm but I would be surprised
if it supports all of the CPU models we have BSPs for.

Any idea on PowerPC status? I haven't checked that in a few years but
they had a lack of maintainer issue then.

I am really curious to find out how this works out. It would be nice to
have RSB entries for the targets that work so we can at least try it
for analysis and make it easier for us all to bang on it. Otherwise,
it won't get used.

--joel