Significant Increase in Build Failures

Joel Sherrill joel at rtems.org
Wed Apr 18 13:55:01 UTC 2018

Hi

I filed tickets for about a half dozen dl/rtems-ld failures but my
rtems-bsp-builder
run overnight reports 22 failures. This is significantly more that the 4
that failed
on 4/10.

4/10: https://lists.rtems.org/pipermail/build/2018-April/000565.html

The 4/10 failures appear to be a parsing error in rtems-bsp-builder reading
configuration files and trying configurations which are not expected to
work.

4/18:  https://lists.rtems.org/pipermail/build/2018-April/000626.html

I haven't looked into these and won't have time today. I committed a lot
of .tcfg changes which improved the situation but this is still
unacceptable.

Just as in my previous email, I think we need to stop committing changes
for change sake and fix these regressions.

I am politely requesting folks to fix issues introduced since 4/1.

Thanks.

--joel