rtems-tools: coverage covoar GSoC merge

Chris Johns chrisj at rtems.org
Sat Apr 28 23:40:42 UTC 2018

On 28/4/18 9:12 pm, Joel Sherrill wrote:

> On Sat, Apr 28, 2018, 3:08 AM Chris Johns <chrisj at rtems.org
> <mailto:chrisj at rtems.org>> wrote:
>
>     Hi,
>
>     This patch is the covoar work from GSOC that I have simplied so symbol loading
>     from the component libraries is managed by an INI file that defines the symbol
>     set that is directly loaded from the archive ELF files in the archive by the RLD
>     toolkit code.
>
>     I detect the build target and BSP from the test executable's path as the
>     test and the libraries need to match. This dependence is important and needed.
>
>     Some of the rtems-test support that was in the orignal patches has been reworked
>     but it needs other changes I do not have for me to test.
>
>     Finally, covoar needs to be fix before we do anything else. It is exec'ing shell
>     commands with redirects, pipes and embeddied command like `dos2unix` which
>     cannot stay. There is no dos2unix command in a standard FreeBSD install and
>     this means I cannot run covoar. All exec calls need to be review and cleaned up.
>

> You mentioned the addr2line usage to me. Can the elf library do that functionality?

Yes but we need libdwarf to access the DWARF information.

> What else is there? I am out of town without a computer

I am not sure yet, I cannot run the tool ...

$ /opt/work/chris/rtems/rt/rtems-tools.git/build/tester/covoar/covoar -S
/opt/work/chris/rtems/rt/rtems-tools.git/tester/rtems/testing/coverage/score-symbols.ini
-E
/opt/work/chris/rtems/rt/rtems-tools.git/tester/rtems/testing/coverage/Explanations.txt
-p RTEMS5 sparc-rtems5/c/erc32/testsuites/samples/hello.exe
sh: dos2unix: not found
ERROR: DesiredSymbols::determineSourceLines - command (sparc-rtems5-addr2line
-Ce sparc-rtems5/c/erc32/testsuites/samples/hello.exe <ranges1.tmp | dos2unix