error while running rtems-test with coverage

Cillian O'Donnell cpodonnell8 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 14 11:12:19 UTC 2018

On 14 April 2018 at 07:11, Chris Johns <chrisj at rtems.org> wrote:

> On 14/4/18 8:02 am, Vijay Kumar Banerjee wrote:
>
>> Getting this error now seems like something is missing.

>> RTEMS Testing - Tester, 5 (b2ba08b0da42 modified)
>> Coverage environment prepared
>> Traceback (most recent call last):
>>    File "/home/lunatic/development/rtems/test/rtems-tools/tester/rtems-test",
>> line 40, in <module>
>>      rt.test.run()
>>    File "/home/lunatic/development/rtems/test/rtems-tools/tester/rt/test.py",
>> line 353, in run
>>      tst.reraise()
>>    File "/home/lunatic/development/rtems/test/rtems-tools/tester/rt/test.py",
>> line 160, in reraise
>>      _test_reraise(*self.result)
>> NameError: global name '_test_reraise' is not defined
>>

> The reraise logic was moved to the rtemstoolkit last year:
>
> https://git.rtems.org/rtems-tools/commit/?id=fa81491764861e6
> 3785a3faa241c488469087209
>
> It had some issues that have been fixed and it is being reused else where
> in the tester.
>

>> -- vijay
>>
>> On 13 April 2018 at 23:57, Vijay Kumar Banerjee <vijaykumar9597 at gmail.com
>> <mailto:vijaykumar9597 at gmail.com>> wrote:
>>

>>     On 13 April 2018 at 23:51, Cillian O'Donnell <cpodonnell8 at gmail.com
>>     <mailto:cpodonnell8 at gmail.com>> wrote:
>>
>>         Hmmm it's not there. Even so I can almost guarantee you, the
>>         reason it's not running is that coverage_supported variable is
>>         not being found as true in qemu.cfg and so the the command to
>>         generated the trace files isn't run and there's no .cov files in
>>         the end. So that's what you'll have to dig into.
>>
>>     Okay , I'll set it to global then.
>>

> Changes need to be on the latest version of master before I will review
> them. The failure above indicate the code you have is not up to date.

Yes that was the plan. Just to check Vijay your starting point was using
the ini-update branch from here?

https://github.com/cillianodonnell/rtems-tools/tree/ini-update

That branch is current rtems-tools master that I started to add things back
in. The only reraise in there is the one improrted from rtemstoolkit.