SIS MP success

Jiri Gaisler jiri at gaisler.se
Fri Dec 14 09:48:33 UTC 2018

On 12/14/18 7:07 AM, Chris Johns wrote:

> The covoar tool currently support the couverture qemu trace format. I am not
> sure if it is something Adacore invented.
>
> The covoar tool is run from within the rtems-test tool when the BSP supports
> coverage. It has the ability to support a number of formats so we can add what
> is created. I suggest any format that is compact and can be parsed in a single
> pass should be fine.
>
> The ability to control the trace file name would be nice. The rtems-test tool
> runs the sis simulator in parallel on the available cores and we now have a
> number of executables in the same directory.

OK, I will look into this over Christmas. I have some long flights
coming up so it will be a good way to kill time ... :-)

Meanwhile, I have been playing with rtems-test and sis-mp. Using the
leon3 bsp and an smp-enabled build, all except 4 tests passed:

$ rtems-test --rtems-bsp=leon3-sis sparc-rtems5/c/leon3/testsuites

Passed:        632
Failed:          2
User Input:      5
Expected Fail:   0
Indeterminate:   0
Benchmark:       3
Timeout:         0
Invalid:         2
Wrong Version:   0
Wrong Build:     0
Wrong Tools:     0
------------------
Total:         644
Failures:
 dl07.exe
 spconfig02.exe
User Input:
 monitor.exe
 termios.exe
 top.exe
 capture.exe
 fileio.exe
Benchmark:
 dhrystone.exe
 linpack.exe
 whetstone.exe
Invalid:
 spinternalerror01.exe
 sptimecounter01.exe
Average test time: 0:00:00.498379
Testing time     : 0:05:20.956184

The four failing/invalid tests fail the same way on real hardware, so I
am not too worried about this. On a non-smp build, I get the same fails,
so it seems to be some issue with the tests...

Passed:        577
Failed:          2
User Input:      5
Expected Fail:   0