waf and Python 3.7
list at c-mauderer.de
Tue Dec 18 19:12:29 UTC 2018
Am 17.12.18 um 22:32 schrieb Chris Johns:
> On 18/12/2018 07:38, Joel Sherrill wrote:
>> On Mon, Dec 17, 2018, 2:21 PM Christian Mauderer <list at c-mauderer.de
>> <mailto:list at c-mauderer.de> wrote:
>> I have trouble building rtems-tools (via source builder) on an
>> Arch-Linux machine with a Python 3.7. I searched for the problem and
>> found out that it is due to an old waf version in the rtems-tools repo.
>> The bug is fixed since 9 months and newer versions of waf don't have a
>> problem with it (see ).
>> Now I noted that we already have four repositories with different
>> versions of waf:
>> - rtems-docs: waf 1.9.7
>> - rtems-libbsd: waf 2.0.1
>> - rtems-tools: waf 1.9.9
>> - examples-v2: waf 2.0.1
>> There is quite some potential that we get some more repos. I don't have
>> a problem to create four patches to update them to 2.0.13 now. But I'm
>> not sure whether it is an ideal solution to pack waf with every repo.
>> What do you think?
> Waf is a build system framework and if we do not package it in a repo does it
> mean we support any version of waf? There are bug fixes in later releases and I
> feel updating our copies is the best solution.
>> Are there any good alternatives?
>> Please update all four. I like having waf bundled so we at least a baseline.
>> Examples and libbsd matxh because I made them match by adding from examples to
>> Bump them please.
> Yes please. This ticket covers rtems-tools and should be fine for this change ...
I updated waf in rtems-tools with a reference to the ticket. I'm still a
little unsure about our tickets: Should I create separate tickets for
that problem in rtems-docs, rtems-libbsd (both have the same problem)
and examples-v2 (I haven't tested that yet but I would expect the
problem there too).
Note that rtems-docs needs an extra patch to build with python 3. There
is an indentation error (mix of space and tab). Beneath that I receive a
"master file /home/christian/archive/rtems-docs/user/contents.rst not
found" error even with a clean checkout which seems a little odd. I'll
create patches as soon as I found out why it doesn't work as intended.
More information about the devel