waf and Python 3.7

Chris Johns chrisj at rtems.org
Wed Dec 19 09:46:00 UTC 2018

On 19/12/18 8:20 pm, Christian Mauderer wrote:
> I think you are discussing some other bug(s) than the one I originally
> meant.

Yes we are discussing something else that is wrong with the docs builds. Sorry
about hijacking the thread.

> First of all: I tried a pdf build. But I receive the same error
> on a html build.

I do not see this error.

> See attached log for the complete output with python2
> on the current HEAD (75f24638b3f).

I cannot see what is wrong. There is a waf configure option to add verbose
levels to `sphinx-build`. I suggest you add '-v -v' to see if it can provide
some insight to the problem.

The waf script glob's the directory. Is there something in your tree which is
getting picked up?

> What I meant is a simple indentation error in common/waf.py. Python 3
> seems to be a little picky about these. It throws a "TabError:
> inconsistent use of tabs and spaces in indentation". I'll post a patch
> for review in a few minutes.

I understood this and thanks for the patch. Please push it.

> Regarding the ticket: I updated the title and added a comment to reflect
> the fact that multiple repos are affected.

Thanks.

> I'll update the waf in libbsd soon. I haven't tested examples-v2 yet so
> this will need some more time. And I won't update rtems-docs till I'm
> able to build it. I'll also post a patch for review that will update the
> rtems-tools in RSB to use the new version.

Thanks