SIS MP success

Jiri Gaisler jiri at gaisler.se
Sat Dec 15 15:31:36 UTC 2018

On 12/15/18 9:17 AM, Jiri Gaisler wrote:

>> There is a ticket open on 5.1 to have tests that do fail to be tagged as
>> "Expected Fail" so we can baseline what is expected. I cannot do this alone
>> because I am not sure which ones are expected failures.
>
> I looked into the failures again and they only occur on leon3 when
> compiled with --enable-smp. On erc32 and leon2, and on leon3 without
> --enable-smp they run OK. I am working on improving gdb debugging
> support for sis-mp, so debugging the failures of the RTEMS tests could
> be a good test case to check how well it works. Breakpoints and stepping
> in an MP system are not that obvious to handle ...

Let me rephrase that -  spinternalerror01 fails on both smp and non-smp
builds. I cannot see how the test could work on leon3. The test has a
custom boot_card() function that does not call
rtems_initialize_executive(), so the AMBA plug&play is not scanned and
no UART driver is registered. There cannot be any output unless a UART
driver is registered. On erc32 and leon2, the UART drivers are hardwired
and do not need rtems_initialize_executive(), so it works there. Maybe
the test should be marked as invalid for leon3 ...?

Jiri.