waf and Python 3.7

Chris Johns chrisj at rtems.org
Tue Dec 18 23:33:21 UTC 2018

On 19/12/2018 06:12, Christian Mauderer wrote:
> I updated waf in rtems-tools with a reference to the ticket. I'm still a
> little unsure about our tickets: Should I create separate tickets for
> that problem in rtems-docs, rtems-libbsd (both have the same problem)
> and examples-v2 (I haven't tested that yet but I would expect the
> problem there too).

No, the same ticket should be fine. Maybe update the ticket's details to
highlight this is happening. Separate tickets are needed for separate branches
because the timeline cannot be shared.

> Note that rtems-docs needs an extra patch to build with python 3. There
> is an indentation error (mix of space and tab).

Yes I have tripped over this but I have not had time to push a fix. Building PDF
is broken for me with the latest Sphinx. I am on a fully updated FreeBSD 11.2-p5
and all packages are updated plus the latest Sphinx in a virtualend. The issue
seems to be deep in Latex and relates to unicode characters in bib entries with
hyperef and the other package and things being confused. I do not know if it is
a bug in Sphinx or our configuration.

> Beneath that I receive a
> "master file /home/christian/archive/rtems-docs/user/contents.rst not
> found" error even with a clean checkout which seems a little odd. I'll
> create patches as soon as I found out why it doesn't work as intended.

I am sorry I am not sure, I would need to look and see.

Thanks