waf and Python 3.7
joel at rtems.org
Wed Dec 19 03:10:12 UTC 2018
On Tue, Dec 18, 2018, 7:31 PM Chris Johns <chrisj at rtems.org wrote:
> On 19/12/2018 11:49, Joel Sherrill wrote:
> > On Tue, Dec 18, 2018 at 5:33 PM Chris Johns <chrisj at rtems.org
> > <mailto:chrisj at rtems.org>> wrote:
> > On 19/12/2018 06:12, Christian Mauderer wrote:
> > > I updated waf in rtems-tools with a reference to the ticket. I'm
> still a
> > > little unsure about our tickets: Should I create separate tickets
> > > that problem in rtems-docs, rtems-libbsd (both have the same
> > > and examples-v2 (I haven't tested that yet but I would expect the
> > > problem there too).
> > No, the same ticket should be fine. Maybe update the ticket's
> details to
> > highlight this is happening. Separate tickets are needed for
> separate branches
> > because the timeline cannot be shared.
> > > Note that rtems-docs needs an extra patch to build with python 3.
> > > is an indentation error (mix of space and tab).
> > Yes I have tripped over this but I have not had time to push a fix.
> Building PDF
> > is broken for me with the latest Sphinx. I am on a fully updated
> FreeBSD 11.2-p5
> > and all packages are updated plus the latest Sphinx in a virtualend.
> The issue
> > seems to be deep in Latex and relates to unicode characters in bib
> entries with
> > hyperef and the other package and things being confused. I do not
> know if it is
> > a bug in Sphinx or our configuration.
> > FWIW I am building html fine with Python 2 and Sphinx 1.6, 1.7, and
> 1.8.2 on three
> > different CentOS computers. But PDF doesn't work on any of those
> The build on sync.rtems.org for the online manuals is failing with
> unicode errors:
> $ file `find . -name \*.rst` | grep Unicode
> ./eng/users-manuals.rst: UTF-8 Unicode text
> ./eng/test-plan.rst: UTF-8 Unicode text
> ./eng/vc-users.rst: UTF-8 Unicode text
> ./eng/appendix-a.rst: UTF-8 Unicode text
> ./eng/vc-authors.rst: UTF-8 Unicode text
> ./eng/license-requirements.rst: UTF-8 Unicode text
> ./eng/prequalification.rst: UTF-8 Unicode text
> ./user/tracing/examples.rst: UTF-8 Unicode text
> ./user/tracing/introduction.rst: UTF-8 Unicode text
> ./bsp-howto/i2c.rst: UTF-8 Unicode text
I can't try this tonight but Google reminded me that I did this on another
project with the iconv utility.
This happens when you copy from a website or MS-Word to text.
I can fix it tomorrow if you can't find the command.
> This raises 2 issues, we need the docs to build so the listed files need
> to be
> cleaned and the second issue is being able to support unicode. That is a
> separate development effort that will need to be worked on.
I should be able to fix those if you can't.
How about a git check for Unicode. :)
Agreed that long term we may want support but we don't need it now.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the devel