Compressed patch to move make/custom/* to make/*

Joel Sherrill joel at rtems.org
Thu Feb 8 15:08:09 UTC 2018

On Thu, Feb 8, 2018 at 3:05 AM, Sebastian Huber <

> On 08/02/18 09:11, Sebastian Huber wrote:
>
>> On 08/02/18 01:00, Joel Sherrill wrote:
>>
>>> Hi
>>>
>>> The patch was quite large and rightly blocked from being sent to
>>> everyone (~900k). Compressed, it is only 63K
>>>
>>> This eliminates the custom directory and moves everything up
>>> one level.  No failures in the build as shown here.
>>>
>>> https://lists.rtems.org/pipermail/build/2018-February/000398.html
>>>

>> If we move this stuff, then why not to
>>
>> bsps/@RTEMS_CPU/@RTEMS_BSP_FAMILY@/make

OK. I can pick at that but what does from testsuites this change to?

include $(RTEMS_ROOT)/make/custom/@RTEMS_BSP at .cfg

Will RTEMS_ROOT need to change to something like $(top_srcdir)/...?

Is there a Makefile.am variable that really points to the top of the source
tree?

The other common pattern is

include $(RTEMS_ROOT)/make/custom/default.cfg

in all the BSP .cfg files? What will that need to be to work before and
after install?

RTEMS_ROOT is the build tree and later the install point. I don't
know how to make that one work.

Any thoughts?

> ?
>>

> The corresponding ticket is:
>
> https://devel.rtems.org/ticket/3285

I thought I put that in the commit message