GCC 8 PowerPC Argument Changes

Peter Dufault dufault at hda.com
Sun Feb 11 16:29:27 UTC 2018

What’s the context where -mno-spe is used?  The last time I followed this the SPE support in the powerpc target was to be discontinued and a powerpcspe target was to be introduced.

> On Feb 9, 2018, at 16:17 , Joel Sherrill <joel at rtems.org> wrote:
>
> Hi
>
> I am using GCC 8 to test my bsp_specs changes. On the
> powerpc -mno-spe is gone.
>
> I don't know of a case where we have a BSP that checks
> if GCC supports an argument or not. I think we have just
> changed the custom file when we upgraded GCC.
>
> Any thoughts on the correct argument or better approach
> than just to change the custom file when we bump GCC?
>
> Thanks.

Peter
Peter Dufault

This email is delivered through the public internet using protocols subject to interception and tampering.