RSB valid status check (was: Contribute to project)

Gedare Bloom gedare at rtems.org
Tue Feb 20 14:01:08 UTC 2018

Oops, I should read my mail better. Thanks for breaking this out Chris. Abhinav,

On Tue, Feb 20, 2018 at 1:12 AM, Abhinav Jain <jainab.2009 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Sir,
>
> I have attached the patch file with this mail. I have tried to follow all
> the conventions that were listed in the User Git page. I request you to
> please check and guide me whether I have done it correctly or not or whether
> something more is to be done.

I won't comment on the code, I'll let Chris do that. However, this
patch has a few issues that should be addressed.
1. Use line breaks in your commit message. About 70-80 characters per
line max, please.
2. The "short message" can omit "function added to", basically all
patches add some code, so this is a bit redundant. You can just say
"Check the validity ..."
3. The commit message should use "Closes #nnnn." somewhere, usually in
the end of the commit, if it is fixing/closing a ticket.
4. The commit message may be less verbose, if the extra details about
the change are already in the ticket.
5. Avoid adding extra white spaces randomly, e.g. hunk #2 of the
patch, and avoid introducing white space new lines where one exists,
creating 2 blank lines in a row.
6. You may like to try to get git-send-email to work for you. It is a
little nicer for submitting patches to mailing list.
https://devel.rtems.org/wiki/Developer/Git/Users#Configuringgit-send-emailtouseGMail

-Gedare