want to contribute to project

Joel Sherrill joel at rtems.org
Wed Feb 21 14:55:33 UTC 2018

On Wed, Feb 21, 2018 at 8:44 AM, Vijay Kumar Banerjee <
vijaykumar9597 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello sir,
>
> I am Vijay K. Banerjee , a 2nd year student of Computer Science and
> Engineering from India .
> I have knowledge of C/C++ and very much interested in contributing to the
> project .
> I have done the initial hello world task .

Good work. Two things left to do. Send myself or Gedare Bloom a screenshot
of the
modified hello world running. And add yourself to the table here:

https://devel.rtems.org/wiki/GSoC/2018

> Please guide me in selecting  a project and doing further study to
> progress towards contributing .

What are you interested in and what is your experience?

We have a handful of high priority projects this year we would like to see
progress on.
This is almost certainly not the full list and we are always up for ideas.

+ Make Eclipse Target Interaction work with RTEMS (
https://www.eclipse.org/tcf/)
+ Improvements to our coverage reporting. GCOV validation and covoar
reporting improvements
+ wifi integration improvements
+ aarch64 port
+ x86_64 port / non-legacy PC BSP
   - This project is large so we would need to work with whoever wants to
tackle it
     to find the best subset for GSoC.

Others will pipe up with ideas.

--joel