GSoC 2018 (was: Re: devel Digest, Vol 75, Issue 41)

Christian Mauderer list at c-mauderer.de
Sat Feb 24 14:35:35 UTC 2018

Am 23.02.2018 um 18:19 schrieb Salil Sirotia:
> Hi all
>
> I am more intrested in high level programming projects.Currently I am
> doing a project on wireless sensor networks in python.
> So please suggest me some Open project matching with my skills
>
> Thanks & regards,
> Salil Sirotia,
> Mtech,CSE-IS(Final Year),
> IIT(ISM),Dhanbad

Hello Salil

please note that answering to the digests isn't really a good idea. It's
really hard to follow a thread of conversation if the topic changes
every day. Beneath that, quite a lot of users on mailing lists use a
mail client that can group messages by some special headers of a mail
(like "Message-ID", "In-Reply-To" and "References") that get lost if you
answer to digests.

Regarding the projects: If you have python experience and want to keep
at a higher level, you might want to take a look at the projects
involving the development ecosystem. That would be the ones here:

https://devel.rtems.org/wiki/Developer/OpenProjects#DevelopmentEcosystemProjects

and here:

  https://devel.rtems.org/wiki/Developer/OpenProjects#DevelopmentEcosystem

Note that the second link points to older OpenProjects that haven't been
converted to tickets yet. These projects might are not up to date.

And please remember: We don't want to select a project for you and force
you to do it. You should find one that interests you so that you can
have fun while doing the project. So if some other of the projects on
the open projects page picks your eye start to ask about it. If you
really like some framework for example for sensor networks and want to
port it to RTEMS: Suggest that as a project. Someone might think it's a
good idea too. Be creative.

Best regards

Christian Mauderer