SOEM integration update.

Chris Johns chrisj at rtems.org
Thu Jan 25 00:18:24 UTC 2018

On 24/01/2018 19:03, Nicolas Tsiogkas wrote:

> just a small update since I saw you changed the ticket status.

Thank you for keeping us informed.

> I'm waiting for this (https://github.com/OpenEtherCATsociety/SOEM/pull/143) to
> be merged. Then I will change the attached diff to point to the correct repo and
> create a final patch. The patch will target 4.11 but I can test it and see if it
> works for 5 as well.

Excellent. I am planing on a 4.11.3 release soon. I have just got gcc building
on the latest MacOS with the latest Xcode and I will start a host sweep today
once the patches are in the repo on the 4.11 branch.

If this change makes 4.11.3 great, else we can plan a 4.11.4 or .5, .6 etc
release once it is ready. I see this as a significant addition and I am happy to
plan a release around it if we need too.

> Though I don't think it would have any problem.

Agreed.