gdb 8.1 released

Chris Johns chrisj at rtems.org
Wed Jan 31 23:08:58 UTC 2018

On 01/02/2018 09:26, Joel Sherrill wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 31, 2018 at 4:02 PM, Chris Johns <chrisj at rtems.org
> <mailto:chrisj at rtems.org>> wrote:
>     On 01/02/2018 03:54, Joel Sherrill wrote:
>     >
>     > Perfect timing. Just as the RSB was updated and we have built new tools. :)
>
>     Hehe
>
>     >
>     > Should we bump to 8.1? I would think it makes sense if it doesn't break anything.
>     >
>     > Thoughts?
>     >

>     Does "not break anything" mean getting test results posted and seeing there are
>     no regressions?
>

> I wasn't thinking of formal testing.

We should considering doing this as we have the basic infrastructure, we just
need to link it together to make it happen.

>     How would we stage this? A way could be adding a recipe to the RSB for 8.1 and a
>     manual hack of defaults to build the tools then RTEMS.
>

> I honestly have no idea how we would do this with or without the RSB.

We build the tools using the RSB, we build RTEMS and then we run rtems-test on
tier 1 BSPs and post the results to build at rtems.org?

It would be nice to have the process part of the normal work flow, for example
we add a new recipe to the RSB, test the tools and then migrate to it if there
are no regressions.