coverage : error when running --coverage with rtems-test for whole testsuites

Vijay Kumar Banerjee vijaykumar9597 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 19 22:29:27 UTC 2018

Hello,

I used the following command

====================
$HOME/development/rtems/test/rtems-tools/tester/rtems-test \
--rtems-tools=$HOME/development/rtems/5 --log=coverage_analysis.log \
--no-clean --coverage=score --rtems-bsp=leon3-qemu-cov \
/home/lunatic/development/rtems/kernel/leon3/sparc-rtems5/c/leon3/testsuites
--debug-trace=cov
====================

and I'm getting the following error

===================
error: coverage: covoar failure:: -9
===================

This, however, runs fine for samples/

I think this will probably be on hold as Chris seems to be
on a break, meanwhile, I want to do a wrapup work on
the non-gcov coverage reports, I seek suggestions/advice
for the same.

The current state is that the coverage reports can be generated
for one symbol-set only, There's a ticket for the support of
generating separate reports of multiple sets from covoar.

https://devel.rtems.org/ticket/3441

Please let me know of any suggestions including suggestions
regarding documentation as Coverage needs more
documentation.

Thanks
-- vijay