API to convert priorities to/from POSIX from/to Classic?

Chris Johns chrisj at rtems.org
Tue Jul 31 02:41:09 UTC 2018

On 31/07/2018 04:03, Sebastian Huber wrote:

> rtems_status_code rtems_task_priority_posix_to_classic(rtems_id scheduler_id, int posix_priority, rtems_task_priority *classic_priority)
> rtems_status_code rtems_task_priority_classic_to_posix(rtems_id scheduler_id, rtems_task_priority classic_priority, int *posix_priority)

What if this is:

 rtems_task_priority_mapping (scheduler_id, from_api, to_api, in_pri, &out_pri);

And we enumerate the APIs that support mapping? I prefer less calls being added
and smaller names.

We also have the emerging "RTEMS-X", local-storage, no-object or what-ever it is
called API.

In relation to the internal or core priorities being exposed, I actually have no
problem if those could be obtained. Dependence on them can documented as "free
to change at any time" but an API to get such a value may help in tracing
contexts where we need to see the trace in terms of the core priorities.