GSoC IRC Meeting reschedule: 7/4 to 7/3

Amaan Cheval amaan.cheval at gmail.com
Tue Jul 3 09:01:03 UTC 2018

Hey!

Sorry, I totally forgot we meant to reschedule this week's meeting - I
have another conflicting commitment at that time. I'll try to pop in
for a bit if possible.

I'll update the wiki page with this week's work, but here's the update
I'd have sent on IRC:
- Got basic UART/console driver working using RTEMS' existing NS16550
driver code
- Rebase with master and fix misc. issues that cropped up (commit -
https://github.com/AmaanC/rtems-gsoc18/commit/a28badd8df1904496c27b262ae515d22da544713)
- WIP: Misc. clean up (cpu.h primarily for now, but a lot of things
that _work_ but may not be in their ideal state (for eg.
CPU_Context_switch))

Up next:
- Finish clean up for port and send a v1 patch for review to devel@
(estimate: done end of this week or early next week)
- Document method of using FreeBSD's bootloader in the user BSP
documentation (and on my blog)
- Document current state of BSP in the user BSP documentation

No blockers at the moment.

I haven't blogged my progress because I've been putting those status
updates on the mailing list - it didn't feel like it deserved a blog
post (since it would be so highly context-specific, it wouldn't stand
on its own). Let me know if you'd still prefer to have those blog
posts, even if only in summarizing updates/decisions made on the
mailing list.

Have a good fourth of July!