[GSoC - x86_64 BSP] Using fPIC to compile RTEMS as a shared library

Amaan Cheval amaan.cheval at gmail.com
Mon Jun 4 10:20:47 UTC 2018

That's a good idea. That way based on the multilib variant, Newlib would be
compiled using fPIC, yes?

Then I could simply figure out how to solve the crtbegin and crtend dilemma
(which I believe should be easier), and use those to have a dynamic/shared
RTEMS kernel + user application.

If that sounds right, I'll look into that first. Not familiar with the GCC
source yet, but it should be doable.

On Mon, Jun 4, 2018, 3:43 PM Sebastian Huber <