RISC-V tool chain

Chris Johns chrisj at rtems.org
Wed Jun 6 07:34:22 UTC 2018

On 6/6/18 3:16 pm, Sebastian Huber wrote:

> The Git checkouts have the problem that you need an internet connection during
> the build (as far as I remember).

Yes you cannot take a repo offline like an archive.

I suppose I could change the way we handle git repos with an archive
configuration setting that is basically a compressed tar file of the repo and if
it validates a hash checksum we do not touch the repo. It assumes a repo hash
will always create the same tar file which it should do.

> I tried to use a snapshot download via the Git
> web access, e.g.
>
> https://sourceware.org/git/gitweb.cgi?p=binutils-gdb.git;a=snapshot;h=773ff7907c05313aebbcd5e8319e5b869ac4f792;sf=tgz
>
> This resulted in a "403 - Snapshots not allowed".

I wonder if it uses a lot of resources in the server.

> We could use an unofficial mirror on Github, e.g.
>
> https://codeload.github.com/bminor/binutils-gdb/tar.gz/c61b06a19a34baab66e3809c7b41b0c31009ed9f
>

> My main concern with using all these different download sources is that this
> will likely not work if we want to use it in five or ten years due to URL changes.

What if we mirror gcc in github in a tools folder?