error while building leon3 with gcov flags

Vijay Kumar Banerjee vijaykumar9597 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 6 20:56:24 UTC 2018

On 7 June 2018 at 01:48, Joel Sherrill <joel at rtems.org> wrote:

> On Wed, Jun 6, 2018, 2:07 PM Vijay Kumar Banerjee <
> vijaykumar9597 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On 6 June 2018 at 20:49, Joel Sherrill <joel at rtems.org> wrote:
>>
>>> I can't duplicate this. My configure command was:
>>>
>>> ../rtems/configure --target=sparc-rtems5 --enable-rtemsbsp=leon3
>>> --prefix=/home/joel/rtems-work/tools/5 \
>>>    --disable-networking --enable-posix --disable-smp
>>> --disable-multiprocessing \
>>>    --enable-tests --enable-cxx --enable-maintainer-mode
>>>
>>> What was yours?
>>>
>>> I didn't have --enable-cxx and --enable-maintainer-more.
>>
>> I made some tries and somehow it's perfectly working now.
>>
>> I am trying to find out now how covoar generates the reports.
>> I made a file with a list of all gcno in score/ and run with -g argument
>> now I'mg seeing the following error while running covoar
>>
>> ======================
>> Generating Gcov reports...
>> Processing file: libscore_a-allocatormutex.gcno
>> Unable to open libscore_a-allocatormutex.gcno
>> Processing file: libscore_a-apimutexisowner.gcno
>> Unable to open libscore_a-apimutexisowner.gcno
>> Processing file: libscore_a-apimutexlock.gcno
>> Unable to open libscore_a-apimutexlock.gcno
>> Processing file: libscore_a-apimutexunlock.gcno
>> Unable to open libscore_a-apimutexunlock.gcno
>> Processing file: libscore_a-chain.gcno
>> Unable to open libscore_a-chain.gcno
>> Processing file: libscore_a-chainnodecount.gcno
>> .
>> .
>> .
>> ======================
>>

> I suspect this is another instance of the path issues inside the build
> tree you and Cillian fixed earlier.
>
> correcting the path worked.

Now I'm getting this error.

Generating Gcov reports...
Processing file:
sparc-rtems5/c/leon3/cpukit/score/src/libscore_a-kern_tc.gcno
ERROR: Unable to read string from gcov file
ERROR: Unable to read string length from gcov file
ERROR: Unable to read Function starting line number
Segmentation fault (core dumped)