error while building leon3 with gcov flags

Vijay Kumar Banerjee vijaykumar9597 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 6 21:26:51 UTC 2018

On Thu, 7 Jun 2018, 02:39 Joel Sherrill, <joel at rtems.org> wrote:

> On Wed, Jun 6, 2018, 3:56 PM Vijay Kumar Banerjee <
> vijaykumar9597 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On 7 June 2018 at 01:48, Joel Sherrill <joel at rtems.org> wrote:

>>> I suspect this is another instance of the path issues inside the build
>>> tree you and Cillian fixed earlier.
>>>
>>> correcting the path worked.
>>

> Submit a patch for this. It needs fixing to get 5onyour next issue.

It just needed the absolute path to be fed.
here's what I did.
I manually 'find' all the gcno files under score.
wrote it all in a file separated by newlines.
fed that file as an argument to covoar.
and that brought me here.

So when we write script, these are the
things that will be done by the script.

Once everything strats running manually,
we can proceed to write scripts.

>> Now I'm getting this error.
>>
>> Generating Gcov reports...
>> Processing file:
>> sparc-rtems5/c/leon3/cpukit/score/src/libscore_a-kern_tc.gcno
>> ERROR: Unable to read string from gcov file
>> ERROR: Unable to read string length from gcov file
>> ERROR: Unable to read Function starting line number
>> Segmentation fault (core dumped)
>>

> Welcome to GSoC! You are now in new territory. :)

So here the real work begins!

> Dig in and see what went wrong. Be aware.that GCC file formats may (or may
> not) be subject to.changing over time and this could just be bitrot.

I got started with it.

> Gcov-dump is installed with the compiler.
>
> You should check it we have a .h file describing the file and it is out of
> date.

I'll look into it.

> Also I think we now should bring the gsov maintainer in.

The covoar's gcov support needs to be reworked.
We can get the help of the expert here.

> Good job!

Thanks. :)