RISC-V tool chain

Chris Johns chrisj at rtems.org
Fri Jun 8 00:51:17 UTC 2018

On 06/06/2018 19:37, Hesham Almatary wrote:
> If pulling from external GitHub repos (i.e. not GNU) is an option,
> then [1, 2]  are very well-maintained and have any cutting-edge
> changes that are supposed to be merged with GNU repos. SiFive's SDK,
> FreeBSD and seL4 rely on riscv-tools and I always use it.

The risk (pun intended) we have going down this path is being orphaned, it has
happened in the past with other archs like the Nios. It took over 3 years and
the directly lobbing of Altera's management to get that changed. If the
maintainers here are active up streaming the changes then this is not an issue
the trees should be close, if the trees are not close and gcc is not updated
regularly we becomes wedged.