[GSoC - Tracing] Status

Vidushi Vashishth reachvidu at gmail.com
Mon Jun 11 21:44:35 UTC 2018

Hi!

Updating the status on the tracing project. I am working on a ctftrace
function in the main_rtrace.c file in rtems source code which will use the
libbabeltrace C API to convert the trace buffers and print the final CTF
onto the console. I am using a static metadata specific to the fileio
sample test case in this regard. I should be able to complete this in a day
or two.

I was going through a previous year student's GSoC project on tracing and
he had added metadata generation capability to the trace linker. There were
some improvements required in terms of utilizing user data types. I was
thinking I could work on these improvements next. He was a 2016 student.
Let me know if this is a good idea.

Thanks
Vidushi