[GSoC - x86_64] Console / serial communication

Amaan Cheval amaan.cheval at gmail.com
Wed Jun 27 04:59:55 UTC 2018

Hi!

Quick question since the BSP guide is outdated - I see several
"methods" of RTEMS' console management. The guide says to use
console-termios.c (and rtems_termios_device_install) as the "new"
method.
https://docs.rtems.org/branches/master/bsp-howto/console.html#build-system-and-files

Most BSPs (beagle, pc386, malta) using NS16550 use legacy-console.c,
though - are NS16550 and Termios mutually exclusive for now?

Or is it simply that none of the old NS16550 users have been ported
over to using console-termios.c as well?

What would be the expectation from a new BSP?