[GSoC - x86_64] Console / serial communication

Amaan Cheval amaan.cheval at gmail.com
Thu Jun 28 06:40:54 UTC 2018

I believe it isn't, but QEMU is being "helpful" and multiplexing the COM1
(RTEMS) stream with the VGA/VBE/etc. text mode streams.

I'm looking into how to either:
- Make QEMU only print COM1 to stdio
- Or, how to quiet FreeBSD through configuration (loader.conf lets us set
console to comconsole, vidconsole, nullconsole, and efi)

I'll let y'all know as things progress!

Would it be a blocker if we couldn't quiet the UEFI firmware and loader.efi?