[GSoC - x86_64] Console / serial communication

Amaan Cheval amaan.cheval at gmail.com
Fri Jun 29 09:04:49 UTC 2018

As it turns out, yes, the UEFI firmware and FreeBSD's loader.efi _do_
also communicate with the COM ports (serial/UART), leading to that
output. Setting console="nullconsole" in loader.conf silences _some_
of the loader output, but not the earlier boot1.efi output (the EFI
image that reads loader.conf and loads loader.efi).
https://i.imgur.com/oINwNhO.png

I'll bench this for now since I don't think it'll be a problem - I
believe our tests can ignore extra output outside of the actual test
region, yes?