lm32 port?

Joel Sherrill joel at rtems.org
Wed Mar 21 15:01:34 UTC 2018

On Wed, Mar 21, 2018 at 9:43 AM, Sebastian Huber <

> On 21/03/18 15:40, Joel Sherrill wrote:
>

>> Is Nathan's intent to clean up the maintainers list or remove the lm32
>> port
>> from GCC?
>>

> I think this was a side-effect of
>
> https://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-patches/2018-03/msg01090.html
>
> A GCC port without a reachable maintainer is dead from my point of view.

+1

Looks like Lattice still has it available:

http://www.latticesemi.com/en/Products/DesignSoftwareAndIP/IntellectualProperty/IPCore/IPCores02/LatticeMico32.aspx

Not sure how many users it ever had. The llvm port looks dusty also.

I would think RTEMS and supporting libraries don't need the  extern C
wrapper. That's what started this.

If this leads to it ending up on GCC's deprecation list, I can't solidly
argue against that.

--joel