GSOC proposal - Runtime tracing

Vidushi Vashishth reachvidu at gmail.com
Mon Mar 26 12:23:06 UTC 2018

hi!

> I think we should define some basic functionality which should be
available ready to use during mid term evaluation. I want to avoid a last
minute delivery during the project end with no time to fix problems after a
review. This likely results in some half-finished work which nobody can use.

Currently I plan to deliver a barectf integrated RTEMS trace linker and a
transport mechanism to deliver trace data to the host machine using TCP by
mid term evaluation (second phase). I intend to fix any errors encountered
in the process by end of second phase itself. I understand how kernel level
tracing will be beneficial to the tracing framework. I can modify my
proposal to include this as one of my goals. I also intend to deliver live
tracing functionality as a goal of my third phase. Would it be viable to
accommodate kernel level tracing to my current plan? Or should I discount
any of my current goals (integration of barectf, transport mechanism to
host, live tracing) in place of it?

Regards,
Vidushi Vashishth

On Mon, Mar 26, 2018 at 12:17 PM, Sebastian Huber <