[GSOC] Error in trace buffer generation

Joel Sherrill joel at rtems.org
Wed May 23 13:46:24 UTC 2018

On Wed, May 23, 2018 at 3:36 AM, Chris Johns <chrisj at rtems.org> wrote:

> >> The fileio-trace.ini file was a sample I downloaded from here :
> >> https://devel.rtems.org/attachment/wiki/Developer/
> Tracing/Trace_Buffering/fileio-trace.ini
> >>
> >> I made the necessary rtems path and rtems-bsp changes according to my
> machine.
> >>

> > This is exactly why I would like to have all the tracing documentation
> in the
> > user manual under version control.
>
> Agreed. Do we clear the wiki pages once committed with a link the user
> documentation? It maybe linked and archived somewhere.

This sounds reasonable. We will have the same issue as we begin to populate
the RTEMS Software Engineering Handbook to help address verification
requirements. Content will move from the wiki,.etc. to a real manual.

We can fix links we own but perhaps a place holder with a redirect or
a message and link is a good idea.

We need to think this through since moving to Trac we broke a lot
of links and IMO didn't do a good job of redirects.

--joel