Where does the content of release report come from?

Chris Johns chrisj at rtems.org
Thu May 24 21:15:09 UTC 2018

On 25/5/18 12:52 am, Joel Sherrill wrote:
> I suggested in irc yesterday that having an outline to show the intended goal
> would be nice. Perhaps even a mock up of the result with limited content.
>
> Personally, I find writing without an outline hard so that may be my style showing.

I think you maybe right :D

I would prefer our efforts concentrate on fetching the needed data and getting
it into an internal Python dict. For me the output is not important at this
point in time.

What we display is easy to see, go to the milestone page for a release that
lists the tickets, this is the list of tickets to include in the release notes
and then click on a ticket, that is the data to be presented. An outline is:

 - Ticket List
 - Tickets

The format and layout will be determined once we have the data and we can review
what it contains combined with how much effort we wish to invest. For example we
may write XML output so the notes can be machine readable or we may generate
ReST and build the notes using Sphinx. Note, the RSS feed contains some HTML
fragments in it's XML structure which complications things.