Compiler error with U_FORTIFY_SOURCE, D_FORTIFY_SOURCE options

Udit agarwal dev.madaari at gmail.com
Fri May 25 14:37:56 UTC 2018

Hi all,
While cross-compiling fio for RTEMS, by default in the compiler call

>  -U_FORTIFY_SOURCE   -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2

options are used which raises the following error:

> /home/uka_in/development/benchmark/sandbox/5/lib/gcc/arm-rtems5/7.3.0/include/ssp/unistd.h:38:10:
> fatal error: ssp.h: No such file or directory
>  #include <ssp.h>
>           ^~~~~~~
> compilation terminated.
> make: *** [crc/crc32c-arm64.o] Error 1
>
> However, ssp.h is in the same folder.
Without these options, only sys/unistd.h is included and not the
ssp/unistd.h. Any idea why these compiler opts are raising these error?

Also, FIO needs a BSP independent method for determining the size of RAM
for it's internal working.  I'm unable to figure out any such
implementation. Any help on this too, would be great.

Regards,
Udit agarwal