V2 Add DWARF support to the rtemstoolkit and put it to use.

Chris Johns chrisj at rtems.org
Thu May 10 18:39:04 UTC 2018

On 11/5/18 5:37 am, Cillian O'Donnell wrote:
> On Thu, 10 May 2018, 11:48 Chris Johns, <chrisj at rtems.org
>
>     It is not a exception in an exception or in a stack unwind path, it is an
>     exception being thrown with no catch.
>
>     The covoar `main()` is  like C with return vales, stderr prints and exits or
>     there are calls to exit in some paths taken from main. The RLD code expects a
>     top level single catch which prints a message to stderr then exits. It is mixing
>     this these two approaches which resulted in no catch. I am so use to not needing
>     to think about it. Maybe I should look at main and clean it up.
>

> Ahhh I see, more c++ conversion for the rest of covoar, or at least the parts
> called in main. That's something Vijay could do, the blueprint for the
> conversion is in one of Chris last patches updating covoar.cc Any objections to
> him doing it Joel, Chris?

Thank for you the offer. The change to main is in response to my changes to add
DWARF support and those changes are not yet working so I feel I have to make the
change as part of this work or Vijay ends up on my broken version of rtems-tools
and that is not productive.

I also think the other listed work is better value for us and more fun for Vijay. :)

I have moved my changes to a personal repo to make it easier to manage:

 https://git.rtems.org/chrisj/rtems-tools.git/?h=covoar-dwarf

I think the git commands to use are:

 $ git remote add chrisj git://git.rtems.org/chrisj/rtems-tools.git
 $ git fetch chrisj

You should then be able to see the 'covoar-dwarf' branch. I have not tested
these commands.