V2 Add DWARF support to the rtemstoolkit and put it to use.

Cillian O'Donnell cpodonnell8 at gmail.com
Thu May 10 20:49:26 UTC 2018

On 10 May 2018 at 20:15, Vijay Kumar Banerjee <vijaykumar9597 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Frankly, I'm totally confused at the moment. I'm not able to come up with
> a proper task list to serially go through.
>
> according to my understanding (and proposal), the major goals are:
>
> 1. Get the coverage analysis running again and get it merged with the
> current master repo.

Yep, this is definitely the most immediate goal.

> 2. Generating line coverage reports using the gcov/lcov .
> 3. get covoar generate reports on a data-centric format (as Joel suggested
> in the proposal earlier, this needs a discussion on the choice of format.
> Chris probably has some thoughts about it.)
>
> looking at the above and the current status I need to break down it into
> subtasks. Here are some of the questions that'll help me understand
> properly.
>
> 1. before the current updates to covoar, the coverage analysis was
> generating the html and txt reports (which I posted) in the previous set
> up. Is that what we're targeting to achive with the current setup?

Exactly we need to see it doing what it was before and then this will be a
good jumping off point for the other goals.

> 2. The covoar is under update as Chris is working on it, there are still
> some issues there, updating the main() module is, I guess, one of them.
> This needs to be done as the first step before the tester can generate
> reports.

What Chris is doing now, we can keep an eye on what's happening and help
with testing but we won't need to wait for it to move forward. So getting
the tester to run covoar is separate and we can crack on with that.