Where does the content of release report come from?

Chris Johns chrisj at rtems.org
Thu May 24 03:46:36 UTC 2018

On 24/5/18 3:31 pm, Danxue Huang wrote:
> Hi Dr. Joel and Chris,
>
> How is this pdf file generated (see attacked link please)? Is it generated by
> Trac automatically? Or should I generate it manually?
>
> https://ftp.rtems.org/pub/rtems/releases/4.11/4.11.2/rtems-4.11.2-release-notes.pdf

The release script I gave you invokes the command 'wkhtmltopdf'. This command
takes as an argument the Trac webpage, for example:

 https://devel.rtems.org/wiki/Release/4.11/4.11.2

The command 'wkhtmltopdf' is like a browser but it creates a PDF as output
rather than to a screen. The release scripts creates a coverpage and joins the
PDF from the Trac Release page to create the release notes.

Please note, the way the release notes are currently done is not what this GSoC
is about. The task for this GSoC is to write Python code to extract the needed
information from Trac's RSS feed. I will send you some details off list and we
can discuss this some more next week in our meeting, which I am looking forward too.