Implementation of a new Resource Sharing Protocol

Sebastian Huber sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de
Tue Nov 13 08:42:51 UTC 2018

On 13/11/2018 09:37, Malte Münch wrote:
> Good morning Sebastian,
>
> thanks for your quick answer. Thanks for your hint on where to look for
> the locking. I think i will need some time to understand what each macro
> is doing.
>
> My plan with the rtems_task_mode() call was to start there and trace
> down to the according kernel call.

Please do not look at the rtems_task_mode() function. It uses a broken
mechanism:

https://devel.rtems.org/ticket/2365

In the operating system implementation disable interrupts to prevent a
thread dispatch or use _Thread_Dispatch_disable().

> I will try this approach again with the MrsP implementation: what i need
> is a FIFO-queue with spinlock-waiting which is, if i am not wrong, the
> mechanism of MrsP with the exception that no priority ceiling per
> processor is involved and that no helping mechanism is used.

I would use a debugger and follow the mutex obtain/release sequence in a
test case to figure out what is going on.

E-Mail  : sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de