rtems-test error with coverage

Vijay Kumar Banerjee vijaykumar9597 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 23 08:32:55 UTC 2018

Hi,
I was trying to run coverage with rtems-test on a fresh install, and faced
the following errors. This is strange as everything was working and I can't
figure out what went wrong.
Also, I don't see covoar executable in the covoar/ directory.

I'm using Python 2.7.15

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/lunatic/development/rtems/rtems-tools/tester/rt/coverage.py",
line 263, in parse
    ss = ss.replace('@BSP@', self.bsp_name)
TypeError: a bytes-like object is required, not 'str'

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/lunatic/development/rtems/rtems-tools/tester/rt/coverage.py",
line 376, in run
    symbol_sets = parser.parse()
  File "/home/lunatic/development/rtems/rtems-tools/tester/rt/coverage.py",
line 268, in parse
    raise error.general('Symbol set parsing failed for %s' % (sset))
rtemstoolkit.error.general: error: Symbol set parsing failed for score

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/lunatic/development/rtems/rtems-tools/tester/rt/cmd-test.py",
line 42, in <module>
    test.run(sys.argv[1:], command_path = base)
  File "/home/lunatic/development/rtems/rtems-tools/tester/rt/test.py",
line 384, in run
    coverage_runner.run()
  File "/home/lunatic/development/rtems/rtems-tools/tester/rt/coverage.py",
line 386, in run
    self._cleanup();
  File "/home/lunatic/development/rtems/rtems-tools/tester/rt/coverage.py",
line 406, in _cleanup
    os.remove(self.symbol_select_path)
FileNotFoundError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory:
'/home/lunatic/development/rtems/rtems-tools/tester/rtems/testing/coverage/leon3-qemu-symbols.ini'