BSP for Microchip ATSAMA5D27-SOM1-EK1

Thomas Dörfler thomas.doerfler at embedded-brains.de
Sun Nov 25 18:23:42 UTC 2018

Peter,

just to make you aware: we designed a board with the ATSAMV7 chip and hit some nasty and at least one really ugly bug: operating the USB interface concurrently with external SDRAM does not work. Half a year after reporting this bug, Microchip confirmed it, but did not plan any fix for it. BTW: The conbination (USB+SDRAM) was also available on Microchip's evaluation board, but obviously was not tested together at Microchips labs...

So: I recommend you to tripple check, whether the ATSAMA5 meets all of your expectations.

Kind regards,

Thomas.