BSP for Microchip ATSAMA5D27-SOM1-EK1

dufault at hda.com dufault at hda.com
Sun Nov 25 18:42:15 UTC 2018

Thank you for the advice.  I will not need USB, but will need SDRAM and don’t need poor support.  Microchip? You tried to push RTEMS for this platform tied to space applications, are you monitoring this?  The platform looks like just what I need but not if you’re not supporting it.

> On Nov 25, 2018, at 13:23 , Thomas Dörfler <thomas.doerfler at embedded-brains.de> wrote:
>
> Peter,
>
> just to make you aware: we designed a board with the ATSAMV7 chip and hit some nasty and at least one really ugly bug: operating the USB interface concurrently with external SDRAM does not work. Half a year after reporting this bug, Microchip confirmed it, but did not plan any fix for it. BTW: The conbination (USB+SDRAM) was also available on Microchip's evaluation board, but obviously was not tested together at Microchips labs...
>
> So: I recommend you to tripple check, whether the ATSAMA5 meets all of your expectations.
>

> Kind regards,
>
> Thomas.

Peter
Peter Dufault

This email is delivered through the public internet using protocols subject to interception and tampering.