[POSIX Benchmark Test] psxtmmqrcvblock01 made (GCI 2018)

Joel Sherrill joel at rtems.org
Thu Nov 15 20:11:45 UTC 2018

I am moving this on to devel to speed the process up but I see one thing
and something I need to think about.

(1) init.c has DOS (Windows CR/LF) and needs to be UNIX style.
I ran dos2unix on it.

(2) The time seems high.  Running on psim (PowerPC simulator) which
reports times in instructions, I see this:

joel at rtbf64c b-psim]$ grep e_receive log/*
log/tm09:rtems_message_queue_receive: available - 150
log/tm10:rtems_message_queue_receive: not available NO_WAIT - 88
log/tm10:rtems_message_queue_receive: not available caller blocks - 801
log/tmoverhd:overhead: rtems_message_queue_receive - 5
[joel at rtbf64c b-psim]$ grep q_receive log/*
log/psxtmmq01:mq_receive: available - 164
log/psxtmmqrcvblock01:mq_receive: not available: block - 1156

Notice that tm10's blocking case is 801 instructions vs 1156. So there are
355 more instructions on the posix case. Looking at that more closely, I
think I believe it is accurate that posix mq's are more expensive than
Classic API message queues.

I will post the patch with a couple of clean ups for further review.

--joel