[rtems commit] leon: do not use -mfix-{device} with Clang

Daniel Hellstrom daniel at gaisler.com
Tue Oct 9 14:56:09 UTC 2018

On 2018-10-09 14:59, Sebastian Huber wrote:
> On 09/10/2018 14:55, Chris Johns wrote:
>> On 9/10/18 4:20 am, Sebastian Huber wrote:
>>> I don't have a problem with this patch, but what is the long term
>>> strategy for
>>> Gaisler-specific machine options in GCC and clang? I am pretty sure
>>> this
>>> divergence will trouble users at some point.
>>>
>> Can we assume there will be all, some or any compatibility for
>> machine options
>> between the two compilers?
>
> The SPARC GCC maintainer has its own opinion with respect to machine
> options, but in general, I think we should be able to keep the
> Gaisler-specific options of GCC and clang compatible.

I agree, that must be the goal. Other flags we are about to introduce
like -mflat will for example also have the same names as in GCC. I
believe Daniel C. already made a patch to introduce the -mfix- flags,
however not upstreamed or reviewed yet so until then I think we need
this fix, unless gaisler carry it locally. If we get it accepted into
clang we will revert this patch in RTEMS of course.

Daniel