Does RTEMS5.1 have a release plan?

jameszxj jameszxj at gmail.com
Mon Oct 15 03:41:58 UTC 2018

OK, I know. Thanks for the working .

From:  "Chris Johns"<chrisj at rtems.org>;
Date:  Fri, Oct 12, 2018 10:21 PM
To:  "jameszxj"<jameszxj at gmail.com>;"devel"<devel at rtems.org>;

Subject:  Re: Does RTEMS5.1 have a release plan?

On 11/10/18 9:01 pm, jameszxj wrote:
>       We use the master rtems5 version in our project, it works fine. In the
> next few months, we will release a project version, so we want to know if
> RTEMES5.1 has a release date?

The RTEMS 5 process is long overdue and I thank you for asking. We all need to
again focus on it especially me. The delays are some what technical as well as
related to me and personal issues that were out of my control this year. The
release work is unfunded and they take time to make, create and verify.

You can view the outstanding tickets here:

 https://devel.rtems.org/milestone/5.1

Any one can help by taking a look at them and asking here or the ticket what you
can do.

The ticket https://devel.rtems.org/ticket/3537 is new and it is actually pretty
critical effecting all releases of RTEMS, 4.10 and 4.11 will not build. I will
be making a post about it soon.