rtems-bsp-builder .ini file syntax question (for epiphany)

Chris Johns chrisj at rtems.org
Tue Sep 4 00:12:04 UTC 2018

On 20/7/18 1:55 am, Joel Sherrill wrote:
> Epiphany can't build any network services. The GCC gives
> an Internal Compiler Error. On top of that, I recall the
> epiphany is too small to really run one of our network
> stacks anyway.
>
> in rtems-bsps-ephipany.ini, I wanted to change
>
> exclude = smp

> exclude = smp, network
>
> But that seems to be illegal.

What you have is right, there seems to be a bug in the build job processing
which I have fixed and will push to master.

> I can mark it as exclude for the single BSP but it seems best to
> exclude two things on this architecture and I am unsure of the
> syntax (or if it is supported).

It is supported.

> Advice appreciated.

The builds are defined here:

https://git.rtems.org/rtems-tools/tree/tester/rtems/rtems-bsps.ini#n120

A build is a single word like 'smp', 'debug' and 'network'. The inverse of the
build has 'no' prefixed with a '-' delimiter. This allows excluding to work by
specifying the build, ie 'network', and any instance of the build in the build
string is removed including 'no-network'. For example adding 'smp, network' to
the 'ephipany' exclude list removes the following from the build list:

 'network'
 'network-debug'
 'no-network'
 'smp-network'
 'smp-network-debug'
 'smp'
 'smp-debug'
 'smp-network'
 'smp-network-debug'

A build maps to a configuration and these are defined in the '[config]' section.
The build section show how the config section entries are referenced and those
entries are autoconf configure options.

You can check what happens with:

$ ./tester/rtems-bsp-builder --dry-run \
           --rtems /opt/work/chris/rtems/kernel/rtems.git/ \
           --arch epiphany