rtems-bsp-builder .ini file syntax question (for epiphany)

Chris Johns chrisj at rtems.org
Sat Sep 8 03:06:25 UTC 2018

On 8/9/18 12:59 am, Joel Sherrill wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 6, 2018 at 9:07 PM Chris Johns <chrisj at rtems.org
> <mailto:chrisj at rtems.org>> wrote:
>     On 6/9/18 9:00 am, Joel Sherrill wrote:
>     > https://lists.rtems.org/pipermail/build/2018-September/000997.html still has
>     > epiphany
>     > failures. Not sure what else is going on. Do you see the pattern?
>
>     The 'debug' build is not adding '--disable-networking' as the BSP builder is not
>     tracking defaults or more specifically enabled by default. The SMP works because
>     the default is disabled while networking has a default of enabled.
>
> Yes. That's clearly the problem. Any ideas on how to address this? I can always
> force networking off for epiphany in the cpukit. We were talking about that anyway.
> Would it be better if exclude implied --disable?

The solution is add the excluded 'no-' variant of the 'config' to the 'base'
flags. The code currently removes the excluded builds from the build list, code
needs to be added to update the base flags.

A consequence of this is the need for me to handle the excludes better and
report any errors if not correct. Currently the support is not strict to make
the code simpler.